Social media greatly increases awareness about the restaurant. Adding social media to a marketing mix can generate more engagement with a restaurant and get more customers in the door.
The Pew Research Center found that 52% of online adults now use two or more social media sites, showing a significant increase in the last two years. This statistic shows that social media is key to reaching large numbers of people at once, and generally at a low cost to your bottom line.
It’s important to understand the relevant social media platforms for promoting restaurants.
Works completed/in progress (both in Thai and English language):
- Created Facebook page
- Created a Google My Business profile page / Confirmed location on Google maps
- Created an Instagram account
- Created a one-page website
- Working on the owner Facebook personal account to connect to more local people, then invite them to like/follow the restaurant page
- Regular posts/reposts to Facebook/Google My Business/Instagram
- Created/working on a Google “request directions” campaign to target both: local Thai residents + travelling and local foreigners
- Created/working on a multiple Facebook ads campaigns (likes/follows + request directions)
As a current results:
- Over 1200 subscribers/followers in Facebook (mostly local people who visits the restaurant and interested in Balinese cuisine)
- A number of daily “direction requests” both from Google and Facebook from Thais and foreigners. A number of daily visitors coming from social media.
- Straighforward visibility in search (both Google search/maps, Facebook) for over than 65 queries.
- A highly engaged social media audience.
- A regular check-ins and recommendations (only positive)